Thursday 22 January 2009

Shadowknight

My novel ‘Shadowknight‘ was completed last month, after a year of labour….well six months of writing and six months of writer’s block caused by giving up smoking!

Am I proud of it? Yes I rather think I am. Getting it published will be another matter again, but I am revising and honing it, and initial reactions from beta-readers have been favourable. It was always going to be part of a series so I have bitten the bullet and started writing book two…..working title Shadowreaper!

I am planning to have a lot of fun writing the sequel and developing characters that have become old friends…..and of course bringing in new characters to play with.

I wish I could be as positive about Fi’s campaign to keep Epping Forest free of fences and cattle grids. I never cease to be frustrated by the ease with which some people are walked over! Local support from the very people who will be most effected is limited to a hand full of dedicated people. There is a great apathetic majority who are willing to give tacit approval only to methods of protest that don’t ruffle the calm waters of their parochial pond.
Ho hum, I suppose it equates to Epping Forest riders getting the forest they deserve in the long run. It’s a shame however that those of us who are prepared to fight must be chained and gagged while the forces of mediocrity efficiently lose the battle for us. Fi has done her best...bless her, but I fear she has been flagellating the proverbial deceased equine.

No comments: