Wednesday 12 November 2008

I'm back....ish

Well hello again everybody! I have taken a self imposed break from this blog for three months while I dedicated all my efforts to forming a protest group to fight the City of London’s plans to fence Epping Forest. Now the group is standing on its own two feet I can go back to doing what I do best: being a writer and observer rather than a politician and would be rabble rouser!
Founding the group has been a very valuable if frustrating experience for me: As regular readers of this blog will know, It’s not that I don’t suffer fools gladly….It’s that I don’t suffer fools full stop! The politics of expediency leave me cold: I pick a goal, determine the most direct route for it, then simply push ahead. I am less of a debating society member, and more of a ‘banana republic’ dictator archetype really.
The trouble with attempting to rouse the sleeping riders of that most middle English of counties, Essex, is that shopping at Lidle rather than M&S would be seen being subversive and militant in their ultra conservative lives. The height of rebellion for the majority of the Riders of Essex, who are in the main late middle aged and female, with commuter husbands who fund their pastime……….would be to go for a bolder hair colour! The idea of taking to the streets to protest against injustice would be as alien as binning their antimacassars or putting purple toiler paper in the loo.

I tried my level best for three months…..and then simply gave up…...there is simply no helping some people. I’m leaving Fi to the unenviable job of attempting to motivate the terminally parochial, and good luck to her! I find it amazing that there is more will amongst non equestrians to fight for horse welfare issues or rider’s rights than amongst those who profess to be horse people.

Anyway I’m back and three times as acerbic.......watch this space!

No comments: