Friday 25 July 2008

A serious bit.


Some years ago I knew a 'person', and I use that term in the loosest sense, who was responsible for the suffering of the animal pictured above. I am haunted by the question 'did I do all that I could have to help the horse concerned?'..........The answer was at the time sadly no: When you are new to the equestrian world you don't like to question those who are supposed to know more than you, it's likely you will take their explanations at face value.

Don't be like I was......... if you see abuse REPORT IT AT ONCE.......Don't give a damn about upsetting anyone's feelings!

2 comments:

Hepsibah said...

Report it to who though? I went to see a horse for sale a few months ago who was in such a bad condition (scored less than a 1) that he could barely stand. I reported it to the RSPCA and as far as I am aware they did nothing. The horse remained where it was and the RSPCA didn't return my calls when I asked for news. All the other welfare agencies I spoke to sent me to the RSPCA. I wish I could have done more but short of buying the poor fella from the seller I don't think I could have.

Ash said...

I know what you mean about the RSPCA, but we all still have to report these things and keep bugging them......